Monday, March 28, 2011

LifeStyle ft. Nneka

Today, I feature my first LifeStyle spread. A spread that gives you a glimpse of the life, culture and the natural hair of the beautiful queen, Nneka Salmon. Nneka has an awesome spirit to her. Have you ever met someone for the first time, and felt like you have know them for your entire life? That exactly explains her whole vibe. Nneka is the type of person that I love to hang out with, because it's an organic experience. We can actually discuss topics that are meaningful and learn from each other.

As of late, there has been a lot of comments about natural hair within the black community. I personally know a lot of women that have or recently switched to natural hair. And it's sad to say that I hear a lot of comments that are really ignorant and hurtful to our black queens. Obviously, most ignorance comes from lack of education and knowledge. This is another one of those topics that proves how powerful and strong our black women are!

Power to all black women that have to deal with society's oppression on how you are supposed to look and live your live. Power to all women! We all must join to continue to live a life of true freedom and fullness.

I hope you enjoy this first LifeStyle spread, as I enjoyed making it for you all!

Nneka Salmon
http://twitter.com/#!/thenewyorkan
http://thenewyorkan.tumblr.com/

With Love.




View the full LifeStyle ft. Nneka spread HERE


5 comments:

ProprPostur said...

great work as usual my brother.

Unknown said...

I love it! She seems like an awesome woman and has beautiful hair!
great pictures as well

kourtneyleanne.blogspot.com

abstractElements said...

Thank you both! :)

Kirstie. said...

Andre' your brillant! this is such a touchy topic but its something that badly needs to be talked about. This really helped me appreciate my transition to natural hair. The features you have of the friends in your life are quite powerful

-Kirstie

abstractElements said...

AWESOME! I'm glad it helped. More power to you!
Love.