Sunday, July 17, 2011

keep dreaming..

I was told once, that we often need to sit and just be... 

Being creatives, I think a lot of our challenges lay within being originators of something. By default, we are a product of everything we see and come in contact with, and influences play a huge role in all of our lives. I was texting Des about my frustration of not coming up with a button design yet.. sometimes I get in a zone of always searching for inspiration and connecting the dots for everyone. But won't that kill the art? 

I want to create more in the sense of how I create/capture photographs or moments... random and spontaneous. Often times not even planned out, I guess that's just the type of person I am. I'll go and shoot someone and sometimes the only photo that I like will be the last shot I take when they aren't even ready. Or the first shot that I get on accident when I'm just checking lighting. We often search for so much meaning .. when art was created to express. Meaning lies within the way we live our lives. Art is to express all the frustration, happiness, failure, unknowing and beauty that we encounter while living our lives with meaning.  So if we live right, well create right, and we don't have to explain any art because its created in the midst of loving as much as we can. 

I just want to keep dreaming, imagining, letting my mind fly into the clouds and mountains and trust our eagle wings that we can soar.. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You captured me with the first line.."I was told once, that we often need to sit and just be..." I just started reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. First chapter explains that ppl like Einstein admitted that they found their answer while "not thinking". Eckhart says that we tend to be slaves of our minds. We allow our minds to use us instead of it being the other way around. You proved this point by saying that the art came when you didn't think about it.:)

Kirstie. said...

Its terrible hard to just be. That the biggest area of my life that needs work. Its nice to see Im not the only one. Your writing is quite beautiful.

-Kirstie